This is my LIFE
The journey of challenges, laughter, support, surprises, belonging and of cos love.
Saturday, April 10, 2010

The 6D5N Tokyo trip was simple AWESOME!!!

As you all might already know, I went with my dear Darling, BL and GQ. We chose ANA as our flight and it was our first time flying with ANA. I would say they are good, comparable to SQ. Air stewards not as pretty as SQ but their food and service is definitely better! I really enjoy the journey with ANA. We took the 11.30pm flight to Tokyo and reached slightly before 7am Singapore time. Oh. For your information, Japan is one hour faster than Singapore.
Warning : Keep your jaws closed as you see the photo below.
Yes! I saw sunrise on the plane. It's not my first time seeing sunrise but it's the FIRST time I see it on PLANE! Couldn't really get a good shot of it. This view will certainly be in my mind forever. It's just so beautiful!

It took us sometime to figure out which train to take when we arrived at the Narita Airport. There are various ways to get to the city from the airport. You can take a limousine bus, Narita Express Train, Keisei Skyliner or the normal JR train. Without knowing exactly what was happening, I think is because we approached Keisei counter, we were advised to take Keisei express train to Ueno, our first destination - for Hana viewing.

We were freezing cold as soon as we reached Ueno. I believe that the temperature for that day was either 10 or less than 10 degree celcius!

Our happy faces when we saw the beautiful Sakura at Ueno Park.

We were in luck as we chose the right time to visit Tokyo. By this time of the year, the weather should be warmer, however, it was still cold which resulted in Sakura to blossom earlier. The period that we were there was the full bloom period. Lucky Lucky. Enjoyed the cold breeze and beautiful cherry blossom.

Aren't the flowers gorgeous?

There is one temple at Ueno Park which is currently under renovation. We took some photos and Darling drew a luck charm. The Japanese are very honest and they really trust that you will put in money into their box and then draw a lot/charm. There is no one to sit there and collect money from you. Perhaps it is based on your sincerity and how truthful you are as this is really out of your 真心, 诚意. I think this is quite common in most shrine as I see this in all 3 shrines that we went to.

After which we went to Ginza. We shop around and were searching for Burberry Blue Label(BBL). Unfortunately, after walking along the streets, we still couldn't find it and decided to head down to Shibuya for their main store some other day. Oh ya. We had our first meal there. I was still blur and didn't take note of where we had our lunch.

Next we went to Ameyoko, a place that sells all sorts of Japanese snacks, cup noodles, chocolates, candies and even dried foodstuffs. The place was very crowded but that does not stop me from buying the snacks because I know if I don't buy it there, I might not be able to get it at other places and if have it might be more expensive. So I just grab and those snacks cost me about 5000yen. Should have bought more. Haha.

Here are the photos of the first udon and soba noodle we had. The others are taken randomly from the supermart opposite our hotel.

Our ROOM!!! As expected, it is small but comfortable. We had nice view from our room too. Can see Rainbow Bridge!

To be continued.......