This is my LIFE
The journey of challenges, laughter, support, surprises, belonging and of cos love.
Friday, March 18, 2011

Last weekend was back to Bahau. The last time I went back was last year Christmas.. time flies.. so fast we are in the third month of year 2011 already!

We didn't realise it's the March school holiday until we saw a group of students lined up and seated at the waiting area. During my days a school, I never experience overseas excursion with the schoolmates and friends. When I saw them happily chatting with each other and waiting anxiously to set off, I so envy them!


I may be envy but I must say this time back was adventurous and fun and relaxing. We went to this place call Ulu Bendul Recreational Park which is about 45mins ride from Darling's home.I was told there's a waterfall in this nature reserve, we walk up the forest in search of the waterfall but we didn't manage to find it. Although most of the visitors there are malays, this place is refreshing and very nature and very nice! The water is clean and cold and most importantly it helps to remove dead skin!

Some photos to share here.











There's even a snake house in the midst of the forest. Unfortunately, the place is still upgrading and there weren't many snakes yet.











I also had the chance to visit the rubber plantation. This is how Darling's parents earn as a living and brought up the three of them.



This is the deserted oil palm plantation behind Darling's grandmother house. The house and place is empty for many many years already. And so that explains why the mosquitos there are so hungry and keep on feeding on me!


The main purpose of going back Bahau is to collect the traditional wedding date. As some of you already know, it will be held in both Singapore and Malaysia. The dates are 24th Dec and 10th Jan respectively. We are excited and looking forward to it!
I will update or planning procgress!